Plant-Based Burger with Chile Lime Avocado Slaw
Prep and Cook Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 2
Prep and Cook Time: 45 minutes
1 Tbsp avocado oil
4 buns of choice
1 avocado cut into chunks
¼ red cabbage sliced thin or grated
3 scallions sliced thin diagonally
1-2 limes juiced
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 english cucumber thinly sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp maple syrup
¼ cup cilantro roughly chopped stems and leaves
⅛ tsp salt
3–4 cranks freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, and rub the Lightlife Plant-Based Burger patties with avocado or preferred oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook, undisturbed, until the outer edges are brown and undersides are charred, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer patties to buns, stacking a patty on each bun. Repeat with remaining patties, and add optional toppings like lettuce and avocado slaw.
- Mix the avocado, red cabbage, and scallions together with the juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle cilantro, salt, and pepper on top. Let the slaw sit for at least 30 minutes in the fridge, and enjoy!
Share this recipe: