1. Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Arrange the Smart Bacon in a single layer and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. Add a generous glug of oil to the same skillet and add the bread. Season with garlic powder and salt, and cook, tossing frequently, until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine all the ingredients in a small jar, close tightly with a lid, and shake until creamy and homogenous. Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to incorporate.
4. When the bacon has cooled, chop it into small bits.
5. To assemble the salad, place the lettuce on a large platter, then arrange the tomatoes and avocados on top. Sprinkle on the croutons and chopped bacon, and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.