1. Peel and remove the core from your onion. Cut onion in half, then cut into ⅛ inch slices.
2. Turn your pan on medium-low, then add onions.
3. Season with salt and cane sugar, and let onions slowly cook for approximately 30 minutes or until caramelized.
4. Toss every 5 minutes and (if they appear dry) add a drizzle of canola oil at the 15 minute mark.
5. At the 20 minute mark, add a tablespoon of water to finish the cooking process.
1. De-seed your peppers and slice them into a small dice.
2. Preheat the pan for 1 minute on medium heat.
3. Once preheated, drizzle enough canola oil to coat the pan.
4. Add the sweet peppers to your pan, season with salt, black pepper and picked thyme.
5. Cook for 5-6 minutes and turn off heat.
6. Add a squeeze of half a lemon and chopped parsley.