1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, shaking halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, cook tempeh according to package directions.
4. Combine peppers, onion, black beans, tempeh and sweet potatoes in a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
5. In a large rectangular baking dish, pour about 1 cup of enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
6. Heat your tortillas on a dry skillet for about 30 seconds on each side. While tortillas are still warm and flexible, fill with enchilada filling and place into the dish with the seal side down.
7. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the enchiladas. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce across the top of the enchiladas. Then, sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
8. Bake in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and started to turn golden. Remove from oven, top with toppings of choice and serve.