1. For the pickled pink onions, in a small pot, bring the white wine vinegar, sugar and salt to the boil. Add the onions and toss to coat for 15 seconds on the heat. Turn the heat off and let sit for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and bright pink in colour. Set aside.
2. For the sesame ginger vinaigrette, in a small bowl, stir together the vegetable and sesame oils along with the ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Pour into two small ramekins to serve. Set aside
3. For the sweet potatoes, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the sweet potato slices and cook, turning occasionally, for 15-17 minutes, adjusting heat as necessary until tender when pierced with a knife. Remove the sweet potatoes to a cutting board and cut each slice into quarters. Wipe out the skillet.
4. To prepare the LightLife® Original Tempeh, cut crosswise into 8 triangles. Heat the vegetable oil in the non-stick skillet over medium low heat. Cook the triangles with 2 Tbsp. soy sauce until golden brown and warm, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the tempeh from the pan and add the baby spinach or kale and stir for 1-2 minutes just until wilted.
5. To assemble the bowls, spread the cooked quinoa over the bottom of two shallow bowls or plates. Top with little piles of the warm sweet potato, pickled pink onions, sautéed spinach (or kale) avocado, chickpeas, grape tomatoes and pea shoots.
6. In the center of the plate top with the grilled tempeh triangles. Serve each plate with the little bowls of sesame ginger vinaigrette to drizzle.